The Telegraph is looking to recruit a health features writer to produce print and online content. Here are the details:
A key member of the health hub team who plays an active role in creating the Telegraph’s health content, both online and in print. You will need to be motivated and have lots of great ideas for developing this key area for the Telegraph audience.
This is a senior writing role. You’ll be required to react to the daily news agenda and write both long lead health and wellbeing stories and daily health features that will appeal to the Telegraph audience.
- Responsible for writing health content across the health hub (daily, weekend and evergreen)
- Generating ideas that will work across all platforms will be a key part of the role
- Developing contacts within the world of health to bring in exclusive stories, experts, gurus and scientific research studies will also be a key part of your role.
- Generating actionable reactive news feature ideas for health which can be commissioned or you can write
- Collaborate with visual storytelling, graphics and design team to help ensure your health stories have data points, photography and visual leads so that your stories are produced to a very high standard.
- Promote the Telegraph via events and media appearances, externally and internally.
- Forge strong relationships with book publishers; broadcast PR’s and agents to secure exclusives for the Telegraph.
- Liaise with digital publishing and social teams on key stories you have written
Essential vs desirable skills required for the role
- Experience of writing at speed on sometimes challenging and complicated topics.
- Experience in health features journalism
- Good links with health PRs to ensure exclusives and access to the best experts and gurus.
- Strong digital skills
- An understanding of analytics tools and how best to use them
- Ability to work across a number of projects and respond quickly and accurately to keep up with the news agenda
- A keen understanding of the Telegraph audience and an ability to pitch engaging ideas our subscribers will be interested in
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.
Go to our Work and Money page for more opportunities