EuroScience Open Forum
The 7th edition of the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) comes to the UK for the first time later this year. From 24th – 27th July many of the biggest names in the scientific world will arrive in Manchester, a city with impressive scientific credentials – it was home to Dalton, Rutherford, Joule and Turing.
Now well established; the conference attracts a global following with participants from all over the world. We are expecting Manchester to be the biggest ESOF to date attracting more contributors and delegates than ever before. The forum also attracts several hundred science journalists as well as communications professionals with topical sessions and breaking news, as those at the forefront of their industries discuss the latest research and ideas that are set to revolutionise our world.
Members of the press, science writers and communications professionals are eligible for media accreditation, which offers complimentary registration – more details of the application process can be found on esof.eu.
• Admission to all ESOF 2016 conference sessions from Sunday 24th – Wednesday 27th July
• The social programme including: the Opening Ceremony and Exhibition Opening (Sunday), ESOF Party (Monday), Media Reception (Tuesday), Closing Ceremony (Wednesday)
• A series of press conferences, media briefings and press points
• Off-site press tours
• Access to the dedicated media centre with full business centre facilities (workstations, printers, hardwire internet access etc.)
• Digital media library (press releases, image gallery and video files – including access to embargoed content in advance)
• Conference app with complete programme information including all presented abstracts
• Conference materials including delegate badge and conference bag
• Complimentary lunch, plus tea and coffee throughout the day
• Free internet access
Please follow @esof2016 for updates and all our latest news.
Alongside the main conference there will a public festival bringing the city alive with science. This exciting visual festival will bring together those inside and out the conference through public talks, interactive demonstrations and live experiments and will help to introduce science to a new generation. There will be many of opportunities for the media to get stuck in and engage with those taking part in the conference and festival – as well as regular press conferences with contributors and specially designed media events to give behind the scenes access to some of Manchester’s most advanced and exciting laboratories and research centres.
Manchester is delighted to welcome EUSJA delegates to the city and we hope that you will find your visit illuminating, productive and enjoyable. Further information on Manchester can be found at visitmanchester.com