Watch the webinar and download the accompanying slide deck
Join MJA friends and colleagues at a webinar to explore everything finance and tax related. Martin Connell has provided extremely useful advice to MJA members at two previous MJA events so we thought it was time we asked him to return and bring us up to date on all things financial.
Date and Time: 18:30 Wednesday February 24, 2021 on Zoom
Topics to be covered:
- What you need to tell HMRC if you decide to become self-employed
- Keeping books and records
- Bank accounts
- Employing other people including family members
- Tips on ensuring you have sufficient funds in the bank to pay taxes when due
- Advantages and disadvantages of forming a limited company
- VAT and PAYE registration
- IR35 and could it impact you?
- Use of home as an office and potential pit-falls
- Question and answer session
If there is a topic you want Martin to cover then just mention this on your registration form so we can ensure the event meets the needs of all members.
Martin is a fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants and has run and accounting and taxation advisory company for over 25 years. For many years he combined his accountancy and taxation
practice with working for various large international investment banks in the city of London. After deciding to leave the city he trained as a Psychodynamic Psychotherapist and now divides his work life between
a part-time job as a psychotherapist at a large London teaching hospital and his accountancy and taxation practice. He specialises in providing accounting and taxation advice to self-employed and small companies.
Make this the year your ensure you are making the most of every single hard earned penny!