As pharmaceutical companies continue their hunt for the female Viagra, the BMJ hosts a meeting to discuss whether this search is likely to be more useful to the drug industry than to women themselves.
BMJ editor Dr Fiona Godlee invites you to attend this event which coincides with the development of flibanserin, a new drug for female sexual dysfunction by Boehringer-Ingelheim, and a new book by journalist Ray Moynihan called Sex, Lies and Pharmaceuticals.
- When – October 4, 2010, 6pm
- Where – Courtyard Suite, BMA House, Tavistock Square, London
- Ray Moynihan, journalist and author of forthcoming book, Sex, Lies and Pharmaceuticals
- Dr Sandy Goldbeck-Wood, associate specialist in psychosexual medicine, editor of the Journal of the Institute of Psychosexual Medicine
- Dr John Dean, president of the International Society for Sexual Medicine, and clinical director of sexual and gender medicine, Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- Dr Iona Heath, president of the Royal College of General Practitioners